You won’t notice your trees growing from one day to the next. On a daily basis the rate of growth is imperceptible. But every now and then you’ll get out into your garden and you’ll notice that your trees have grown bigger!
Great news as this is a sign of a healthy tree.
However, maybe your garden isn’t getting as much light as it used to? Or perhaps a large tree is starting to interfere with overhead telephone and power lines?
When a tree grows too large for the available space and starts causing safety issues or aesthetic concerns then it is time to reduce its size. And this is much easier to do sooner rather than later.
Reducing the size of a tree is usually achieved through pruning but without the right tools and experience this can be hard work. And if you wait too long there could be a lot of uncontrolled growth which could mean a large amount of pruning. This can seriously damage the health of a tree.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult if you act in a timely fashion.
Here at Climbers Way Tree Care we have both the tools and experience required to carry out pruning quickly and efficiently.
One of our favourite jobs to carry out is the crown reduction. It’s a task that requires the knowledge and skill of professionals.
Our tree surgeons will reduce the height and spread of the crown in a manner that will make you happy and keep your tree healthy.
Crown Reduction Benefits
There are many benefits to a crown reduction.
- The natural shape of the tree is preserved. Crown reductions should not be confused with the undiscerning and damaging technique known topping. The appearance of the tree is retained with a crown reduction, and even aesthetically improved, as a balanced well-structured crown is created.
- Properties and outbuildings can be given proper clearance. As a result of no branches overhanging your buildings your gutters will be less likely to clog.
- Takes stress off of over weighted lateral limbs
- Encourages healthy regrowth. Your tree will continue to look great.
- The reduction in height and spread will allow more light to pass into your garden. You will be able to enjoy more sun and your other plants will love the extra light they now get.
If you ask us to carry out a crown reduction we will first assess your tree and offer only the best advice. We will remove an array of branches, including any that are dead or diseased, in order to reduce the overall spread of the tree. We will clean up after ourselves leaving no mess.
Two oak tree crowns reduced.
“Another excellent job completed. High quality work by a polite team. Great value and would recommend to anyone.”
a customer in Southampton, Hampshire4th March 2017 by
Reduce crown and canopy of oak tree.
“Excellent job. Efficient, skilled, tidy. Good value for money. Highly recommend.”
a customer in Southampton, Hampshire29th November 2017 by
All our jobs are carried out by fully qualified professionals who work safely and efficiently, and tidy up after themselves.